Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Broccoli Quiche Muffins

I bought a giant bag of broccoli from Costco on the weekend.  I don't know why exactly since Mike and Ally both hate broccoli.  I realized this after I rearranged the fridge to fit the giant bag, so I started my quest for finding a broccoli muffin recipe that we would enjoy.   I made it tonight with the original recipe found here.  I found the recipe to be bland and I didn't like the use of parmesan and I cut down the amount of onion (one offensive vegetable is enough).  


Ingredients:

  • 3 cups chopped and steamed broccoli, 
  • 1/2 medium onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
  • 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme

Directions:

Combine the broccoli, onion, ham and cheese; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add oil; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to the egg mixture just until moistened. Fold in broccoli mixture. 
    Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack.
 Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
 

Pts - 3 

No comments:

Post a Comment