Monday, May 25, 2009

Sunny Boy Muffins

It feels like forever since I last made muffins.  We have rearranged our house and as some may know greater organization comes from great mess.  We are almost at the organization part.  I found the kitchen today and I decided to make muffins.  While organizing I discovered that I had two opened boxes of Sunny Boy Cereal or as some may know it Red River Cereal.  I want to use it up so I am looking for creative ways to get my toddler to eat it.  While searching I found these muffins.  I am impressed the flax seeds make the muffin a bit crunchy but they are light and healthy.  I think I will make these again for my friend who is pregnant, it is always good to get good grains in.

Ingredients
1/2 cup red river cereal, uncooked
1 cup buttermilk (or 1T lemon juice, fill cup with milk)
1 cup flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/3 cup applesauce
1 cup craisins
1 tsp vanilla


Directions

Combine oats, Red River and milk in large bowl, let stand 40 minutes. Then mix in egg, vanilla and applesauce.  Add in the dry ingredients and the craisins.  Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake at 375 for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment