Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Butterscotch Pumpkin Muffins

I only had a huge can of pumpkin puree so I have a couple more pumpkin recipes to share.  I found these muffins awhile ago when I fell in love with butterscotch chips.  I have been getting bolder with cutting out the fat and sugar.  I cut half the sugar and all of the fat.  The muffins turned out amazing the sweetness of the butterscotch made up for the lack of sugar.  The butterscotch melted and made a neat candy coating on the top of the muffins.
INGREDIENTS:
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda








DIRECTIONS:
Preheat to 350 F and grease 12 muffin tins.  Mix wet ingredients and then dry.   Put into tins fill 2/3 full.

No comments:

Post a Comment