Monday, August 31, 2009

Whole Wheat Zucchini Banana Muffins


Gosh it has been a long time since I have blogged! The move was successful and I am enjoying my new house. There is still boxes to be unpacked but the important stuff has been done and most importantly my kitchen! I made these muffins before the move but didn't have time to blog them. These were great! Zoe loved her first taste of muffins and demanded more. I loved how healthy they were and I didn't have to change a thing.


Ingredients:

2 1/2 Tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp water

3 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini)
3 bananas, mashed
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 cup sugar

2 cups unbleached white flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
or nutmeg
2 Tbsp cinnamon



Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two muffin tins (24 muffins total) or use cupcake liners, set aside.

Combine ground flax and water, set aside. In large bowl, combine zucchini, bananas, sugar and vanilla. Add flax mixture. In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients in 2-3 batches. Mix until completely combined. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.


Bake muffins for 30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment