Friday, October 9, 2009

Swiss Bacon Muffins


I got the book 500 Best Muffin Recipes and I am in love. I also just finished reading Julie/Julia and I am inspired. I don't think I will make all of the muffins but I sure want to. I picked the recipe based on what I need to use up in my fridge. Mike and I are on a diet so we needed to use up some bacon. The muffins were delicious! I was really impressed. I would reccomend cooking the bacon so that it is chewy and not crispy.

Ingredients

2 cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup grated Swiss Cheese
4-5 slices bacon
1 can mushroom soup
1 egg
1/4 cup oil

Directions
In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, cheese and bacon. Then add mushroom soup, egg, oil and milk. If mix is a bit dry add some milk. Put batter into greased muffin tins and bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment