Friday, October 8, 2010

Light Bites - Oatmeal Banana Bread



Ally is really enjoying a bedtime snack lately and she gets to choose yogurt or a banana. I don't eat fresh bananas but I love banana bread! I have been baking a lot of things with bananas and I found this recipe on http://www.cookinglight.com/ so I thought I would submit to cook when it was my turn to pick for the Light Bites Cooking Group (pssstt....you should join!) I really enjoyed this bread it was moist and not too crumbly. I recommend baking this up one day!


Ingredients
from Cooking Light
1 cup packed brown sugar
7 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
1 1/3 cups mashed ripe banana (about 2 large)
1 cup regular oats
1/2 cup fat-free milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cooking spray

DirectionsPreheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat well at medium speed of a mixer. Combine banana, oats, and milk; add to sugar mixture, beating well. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir with a whisk. Add to sugar mixture; beat just until moist. Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Girrrrl, I cannot believe you are posting so soon! Your bread looks delicious and that picture is fantastic! Thanks for choosing it! :)

    ReplyDelete