Monday, October 18, 2010

Sweet Potato Banana Muffins



As you may know most of my baking inspiration is from what is in my fridge that needs to be used before it goes bad. I had sweet potato left over from the cookies and buns. So I began searching for a muffin recipe because....well...you know I love muffins! I found these and I am very happy with them. Mike gave them to some guests just as they had come out of the oven, I was very nervous about that because I like to try them first. They are very nice and have a subtle flavour that actually gets better when they are cold.

Ingredients
adapted from Cooks Recipes

1 3/4 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
2/3 cup mashed ripe banana
1/4 cup melted butter
2 large eggs slightly beaten
3/4 cup milk


Directions


Well grease 2 dozen 2-inch muffin pans. In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, allspice and salt. In large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, bananas, butter, eggs and milk. Blend well. Add flour mixture and pecans; stir to blend. Fill prepared muffins pans 2/3 full.
Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. These sound so wonderfully healthy. I love sweet potatoes but never knew they could be used in a banana muffin. I want to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baking with was is in the fridge also. Great muffin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some leftover pumpkin in the fridge now. I'll have to try using it in muffins. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete