Friday, February 25, 2011

Light Bites - Chicken with Roasted Apples and Garlic



Score for another Light Bites recipe.  I found this recipe super easy and delicious!  I really liked the mix of spices.  I did change a few things I didn't have chicken thighs but I do have lots of breasts.  I think thighs would have made the chicken a little more tender due to that extra fat but I enjoyed it this way and loved the calorie reduction.  Check out Pam's blog for more info on the awesome Light Bites group.

Ingredients
adapted from Cooking Light

5 cups chopped peeled Braeburn apple (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage - I used 1/4 tsp ground sage
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
Cooking spray
8 chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skinned
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Chopped parsley (optional)

Directions


Preheat oven to 475°.
Combine first 5 ingredients. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss well to coat. Spread apple mixture on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.  Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, and arrange on top of the apple mixture. Bake at 475° for 25 minutes or until chicken is done and apple is tender. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.   Partially mash apple mixture with a potato masher, and serve with chicken. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment