Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fresh Bread Thursday - Anadama Bread














This is how I am able to get any cooking done.


Sometime ago one of my favorite bloggers Amanda was in a blogging group called the Bread Baker's Apprentice Challenge. It was a group that baked and blogged out of Peter Reinhart's book The Bread Baker's Apprentice. I was fascinated by the beautiful bread that she made. I have been lusting after the book for about a year now and I recieved it for Christmas. This book is fascinating and is like a text book. It explains about the different flours, yeasts and the process that bread goes through. I have been wanting to start baking since January but...well....I haven't found the time. I am going to start the challenge myself since I am not sure I can commit to baking bread every week.

Here is the first first recipe Anadama.

 
Mixing the corn meal with water.



Adding the flour.


Letting it rise.

Voila!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment