Monday, December 7, 2009

White Chocolate Craisin Scones






I have never made scones before and I had always thought they were really hard. Last week I was talking to my friend and she was telling me about how she always likes to make a warm breakfast for her kids on the weekend and scones were one of her favs. My girls are not very adventurous when it comes to food so we don't usually deviate from the pb and toast. But the girls had been sick and I decided to give scones a try. The best part about scones is that you don't need eggs! I seem to always be out of eggs and I go to bake something only to find out I am missing eggs and I can't bake. These were delicious and I reccomend whipping these up in the morning. I found the recipe here.


Ingredients



2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup dried cranberries
6 tablespoons butter, chilled
4-6 oz. white chocolate chips
2/3 cup milk or buttermilk





Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients minus cranberries and chocolate until well blended. Add cranberries to flour mixture, coat with flour. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Add chocolate chips and mix lightly. Add milk. Stir, then knead just until all flour is absorbed into the dough.
Turn dough onto baking sheet and roll into a square (about 10"x10") 1-1/2 inches thick. Use a pizza cutter to cut into squares or diamonds - leave pieces together.
Bake about 10 - 15 minutes or until just golden.

1 comment:

  1. These look amazing! Wow! Really glad I found this post. We are always looking for new ideas for breakfast time as it is crazy most days. The kids added chocolate chips to their batter blaster instant pancakes this morning. I wasn't crazy about that but their dad was in charge of breakfast. Maybe next time we'll do raisins and white chocolate as a special treat.
    Thank you again for posting.

    ReplyDelete