Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nutella Banana Muffins

I realized today amounst the chaos of playgroup and trying to pack for my parents that I had taken out some ripe bananas from the freezer yesterday and that I had to do something with them or else.  So after all the kids left, I quickly vacuumed up the cheerios, fed Ally and started mixing up the ingredients.  I found the original recipe while I was searching muffin blogs and it sounded delicious.  I really wasn't sure how it would turn out since all the measurements were in metric and I don't know how the conversions work for baking.  The muffins turned out delcious.  I have also fallen in love with using applesauce instead of butter or oil because it makes for a healthier muffin that is nice and fluffy.

Ingredients (yield: ~24 muffins):
4 eggs
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup of applesauce
3/4 cup of sugar
4 large ripe bananas
3/4cup Nutella
3/4 cup milk
2 tsp baking soda
3-4cups of flour
4 tsp baking powder

Mix butter, sugar, applesauce together then add each ingredient one at a time.  I used an electric mixer and  made sure everything was mixed well before adding.

Sorry ww fans - I couldn't figure out the pts but I would guess 4 pts (wow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment