Thursday, April 23, 2009

Butterscotch Nut Muffins

For the third installment for Chip Week, I made Butterscotch Nut Muffins.  I found the original here and I didn't change anything again except for cutting down the butter.  Mike was working from home today and he couldn't get over how good the muffins smelled.  He also loved when I brought him some tea and a muffin.  I think he will work from home more often.  I was worried that these muffins would be really sweet but they are just right.  They are light and crispy on the outside.





Ingredients

2 c flour
3/4 c sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/8 c melted butter
1/8 applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 c milk
1 c butterscotch chips
1 c chopped pecans
Mix dry ingredients together.  Mix wet ingredients together and add to dry mixing quickly with a fork. Do not overmix.   Mix in nuts and chips.   Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment