Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mocha Chocolate Chip

Here is the second installment of muffins for 'Chip Week'.  I wanted to try something with coffee for Mike because he has been working really long hours and tons of overtime and I thought muffins with coffee in them would be the perfect fix.  I got the original here.  I didn't change much except to cut the oil and add apple sauce.  These are great and nice and fluffy.  A lot of my muffins are really dense but these are nice and light.  And even though they are chocolate I do like them.  Believe it or not I am not a big fan of chocolate.


Mocha Chocolate-Chip Muffins 
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
 2 tsp baking powder 
1/2 tsp baking soda 
1/4 tsp salt 
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, and more for sprinkling on top 
3 Tbsp good quality cocoa powder 
3/4 cup sugar 
3/4 cup milk 
1/4 cup strong coffee, room temperature 
1/6 cup, plus 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/6 cup of applesauce - don't worry about being exact as long as there is 1/3 and 2 tbsp of oil and applesauce
 1 egg 
1 tsp vanilla extract 


Sift all dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a large measuring cup, mix all wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir  till moistened.  Line a muffin tin with paper liners and fill with batter.  I sprinkled with some of the remaining chocolate chips and then baked for 18 minutes in a 400 degree oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment