Monday, May 11, 2009

Strawberry Muffins

I have given up on my theme weeks....to0 much pressure.  Plus I discovered that I had some strawberries in the fridge that if I didn't do something with them now that they would have to go into the garbage.  I hate to waste so I began looking for a recipe.  I realized about half way through my searching that I had no milk!  I almost was going to give up when I found this recipe.  I was a little worried about the recipe because I wasn't sure how the strawberries would make enough liquid for good muffins.  So I decided to be even more adventurous and not using any butter and just use apple sauce.  Well!  These muffins are amazing.  They are so sweet and moist.  They are kind of like those muffins with the jelly inside.


INGREDIENTS:
2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup applesauce
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
DIRECTIONS:
1.
In a small bowl, combine the strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside for 1 hour. Drain, reserving liquid and berries separately.
2.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
3.
In a medium bowl, add the applesauce andd 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; stir into the creamed mixture with the strawberries and liquid. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
4.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven,

No comments:

Post a Comment