Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Leftover Stew Muffins

I made this really great stew from my friend Pam's blog, Lobster and Fishsticks. I highly reccomend it, she makes some great stuff. I made it and then froze it. Then this past week I thawed it and ate some more. Today I had still had some left and no one wanted anymore so I thought why not see if I can make some savory muffins. They turned out delicious a little like biscuits. I am very impressed because I had started cleaning up when I realized I had forgotten the baking powder but somehow they turned out wonderfully! I think I will try it again with another stew.

Ingredients
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup melted butter
2 eggs
2 cups stew
1/2 cup of grated cheese for on top

Directions
Combine stew, eggs, and butter then add the flour and baking soda. Spoon into muffin tin about 2/3 full, top with grated cheese and bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment