Friday, July 3, 2009

Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins

My friend came over awhile back and she loves my muffins so I decided to make these ones since I had some really good help. They turned out so good...except in my rush to get them done I didn't grease the muffins tins! But I am happy to say that I was able to get them out in mostly one piece. These muffins are really decadent and my friend's husband said they were the best muffins I have made. They are even a bit healthy too!


  • Ingredients
  • 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup apple sauce
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Add the applesauce, egg, honey and butter milk and mix. Then add slowly while mixing flax, flour, baking soda and salt. Next fold in the blueberries. Fill muffin tins about a 1/4 full.
Next mix together until smooth; cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg, sour cream and vanilla. Put a tablespoon or more on top of the batter in the tins. You may have more than you need. Then top the cream cheese mixture with more batter. And bake at 375 for 20 -25 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. so I am attempting to make this right now .... wish me luck! The only question I have is, where does the one cup of sugar go in? I guessed and put it in with all the dry ingredients.. I hope that was right! My batter seemed very watery, but then again I have never made muffins before so I don't really know what the consistency should be. Thanks for the recipe, I hope mine turn out as good as yours :)
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were right Laurie, the 1 cup goes with the dry ingredients. I hope they turned out!

    ReplyDelete