Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pumpkin Craisin Muffins




Now these turned out fabulously! I can't remember the last time I made muffins. Oh how I have missed them. A nice fresh warm muffin with melted butter on top is my perfect treat. My husband had been gone for 4 days and left me with 2 children who were not sleeping well. I made these after being up at 4 am with one child or the other. They really helped the morning get off to a better start.
I found the recipe here.

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups dried, sweetened cranberries


Directions

Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease or place paper muffin cups in a 12 cup muffin tin.
Mix the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg together in a mixing bowl.
Beat the canned pumpkin, eggs, butter, buttermilk, and vanilla together in another large mixing bowl. Gradually beat in the flour mixture until well blended. Stir in the dried cranberries until evenly blended. Spoon batter into muffin tins about 3/4 full.
Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. 3 minutes before turning out from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment