Monday, July 5, 2010

Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies

I must apologize for my hiatus, there is no reason for it except I haven't been motivated to cook much and when I do my camera is no where to be found.

I woke up from my nap today craving warm and fresh cookies.  I wanted something healthy and fairly low in calories.  And I found these.  I adapted the recipe a tad because Mike had me buy a bunch of soy flour and then changed his mind.  They did satisfy the craving but they could have been sweeter...I might add some chocolate chips next time.  The girls seemed to like them too.

Ingredients

1/4 c. butter/margarine, softened
1/2 c. applesauce
1/4 c. honey
1/3 c. brown sugar (packed)
1 egg
1/2 c. peanut butter
splash of vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup of flour
1/4 cup of soy flour
2-3 cups of oats - start with two and then add more to get the texture you want
 
Directions
 
Preheat oven to 375 F.  Mix together the sugar, honey, applesauce and butter until fairly smooth.  Add the peanut butter, egg and vanilla.  Then in a seperate bowl mix flour, soy flour and baking soda.  Slowly add to the mix.  Then add two cups of oats and add more depending on the the texture you want.  Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.  Makes 24 cookies.
 
Nutrition per serving - 103.5 calories, 4g fat, 1.9g fibre and 2.7 g of protein

No comments:

Post a Comment