Monday, July 5, 2010

Spaghetti Squash

I really like the idea of spaghetti squash and I do like the taste of it but it just can't compare to the real deal.  I love pasta so much and I could eat it for every meal.  I came up with this idea myself and I really enjoyed it.  If you like spaghettie squash, I highly suggest you try it.

Ingredients
spaghetti squash
4 slices bacon
2 cloves garlic
1/3 cup cream
1/3 asiago grated

Directions
Bake the spaghetti squash according to the directions.  I cut it in half, take out the seeds, place cut side down on a baking sheet filled with water and bake for 30-45 minutes at 375F.

When the squash has about 15 minutes left begin cooking the bacon.  When the bacon is the almost done, throw in the garlic.  Then 'strip' the squash of the spaghetti with a fork. (sorry I don't know how else to describe it)  Then add it to the pan, fry it for a couple of minutes, then add the cream and cheese.  Cook for about 5 minutes and serve.  Depending on the size of your squash you may need to add more ingredients.

Let me know what you think!

Nutrition for 1 cup serving - 259 calories, 20.9g fat, 2.2g fibre, 9.6 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment