Sunday, September 26, 2010

Apple Craisin Muffins




I kind of invented this recipe, well really I just switched raisins for craisins. These are great muffins! With a nice crunchy top and I love the combination of the apple and cranberries. I really missed muffins and I haven't made many lately so I tripled the recipe so I would have a good freezer stash.

Ingredients
adapted from Sunmaid

1 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
1/4 cup milk
1 beaten egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup (large) peeled, shredded tart green apple
1 cup Craisins or dried cranberries


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease or line 12 (2 -inch) muffin cups with paper baking cups. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, mix well. Add butter, milk, egg, vanilla and apple. Then add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in raisins. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment