Friday, September 3, 2010

White Chocolate Earl Grey Muffins



These muffins sound amazing, right? Well they are! I was so pleased with them that I wish I had doubled the recipe. I don't even remember how I found this recipe but I am glad I did. I found the recipe here and the blogger wrote about how she forgot to add the sugar, well guess who did the exact same thing? Me! But I remembered like 2 minutes after the muffins went into the oven and was amazingly able to salvage them.

Ingredients
2/3 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground Earl Grey tea (I cut open 3-4 tea bags)
3/4 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3/4 cup white chocolate chunks

Directions
Bake at 400F. Butter or spray the 12 molds in a regular-size muffin pan or fit the molds with paper muffin cups.In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground Earl Grey tea. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk the sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter together until well blended. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and, with the whisk or a rubber spatula, gently but quickly stir to blend. Don't worry about being thorough - a few lumps are better than over mixing the batter. Stir in the white chocolate chunks. Divide the batter evenly among the muffins cups.Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a thin knife inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing each muffin from its mold.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. These look so yummy! I might have to try them! (You were busy today!)

    ReplyDelete