Friday, January 7, 2011

Light Bites - Garlic Fries

I am so excited that the Light Bites group is back and you should join us.  I love this group so much because it motivates me to actually blog, which is a hobby I love too.

I actually made the fries last week but I got Mike to take the picture on his camera and well....we got busy...kids got sick...and now I am late posting!  Grrrrr.... Oh well.

I am not a big potato fan and I only buy potatos when I actually have a purpose for them.  I had some baby potatoes in the cupboard so I decided to pull out my mandolin and make match stick fries.  I love this recipe!  The fries were delicious.  I liked the addition of the cheese, it made them just that much better.

Ingredients
adapted from Cooking Light

4 teaspoons canola oil (I used olive)
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 pounds peeled baking potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
Cooking spray
2 tablespoons butter
8 garlic cloves, minced (about 5 teaspoons)
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag, tossing to coat. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning after 20 minutes.
Place butter and garlic in a large nonstick skillet, and cook over low heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add potatoes, parsley, and Parmesan cheese to pan; toss to coat. Serve immediately.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious, Melynda - did you find that the potatoes smoked at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love potatoes in any form, but fries are definitely in the top three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious looking snack. Fries are one of my absolute favorite "junk" foods.

    ReplyDelete