Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Absolute Best Banana Muffins Ever!

Last week got away from me and I only made one batch of muffins.  This week I am  back at it and will continue with Banana week or weeks as it turns out.

I love weekends.  I love having my husband home and relaxing.  We have been busy and really enjoying our weekends as a family.  The major down side is that we relax and not keep the house clean.  So I spend all week getting the house clean and then the weekend comes and it is turned into a sty.  So last week in revolt I did nothing.  But the joke is on me because guess who is cleaning this week?  Me.

I do love when the house is clean and I am motivated to clean and cook.  It is almost noon and already I have made some amazing muffins, prepared supper and put it in the crock pot, clean the kitchen and washed the floor.  It feels great!  Now I am going to fix lunch and tackle more laundry and the living room.

But first here is my absolute favorite banana muffin recipe.  This is the recipe that turned me on to using apple sauce to subsitute for butter.  These muffins are delcious and have an interesting texture.  They are not as bready as some muffins.  They are almost creamy if that makes sense.
I got the original here.  I did not change a thing.  I liked this recipe because it used lots of bananas.  I originally searched out a recipe that had more than one banana because I really wanted to used up the brown bananas I had.

Ingredients
·         3 large bananas, mashed
·         1/2 cup white sugar
·         1 egg, beaten
·         1 teaspoon baking soda
·         1 teaspoon baking powder
·         1 cup flour (you can use whole wheat for a change if you like)
·         1/2 cup rolled oat (instant is fine)
·         1/3 cup applesauce
·         1/2 teaspoon salt
·         1/2 cup chocolate chips
Directions
Add sugar to mashed bananas and mix. Add beaten egg and apple sauce then mix.  Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix well. Add chocolate chips and Stir.  Spoon into medium size muffin tin (I use paper muffin cups so they won't stick) and fill 3/4's full. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment